- 妻子（W）在法庭上申请要求丈夫（H）支付每一个月RM500令吉的孩子抚养费。 W需要每月花RM300在孩子的食物，维生素，衣服，玩具，医疗费和其他杂项费用。由于W需要在明年将孩子送进幼儿园，她每个月需要额外的RM200。
- H是副经理，每个月的工资是RM3,500。 H认为RM500是“荒谬而且太高”，并只愿意每月支付RM200.00。
- H忽视了在法律上抚养孩子的责任（第92条文，婚姻和离婚法令 1976）。
- 根据H的行为，扣押H的薪水来支付抚养费是必须的。 H很有可能刻意为难W。W不应该被负担，要重新开始新的法庭程序来告H，来确保H履行付扶养费的责任。
- The Wife (W) filed a notice of intention to proceed with the application for ancillary relief, claiming for a sum of RM500 as maintenance for her child (‘the child’) whom she obtained custody of, pursuant to a divorce petition filed on 1 December 1997. The petitioner also sought to secure the payment of the maintenance order by an attachment of earnings order.
- W alleged that the respondent had not made any contribution towards maintenance of the child since he was placed in her custody on 23.10.1997 pursuant to a court order for interim custody.
- W needed RM300 a month for food, vitamins, clothes, toys, medical expenses and other miscellaneous expenses. As W needs to send the child to the nursery next year, she needed additional RM200 a month.
- W alleged that H had not made any contribution towards maintenance of the child since the child was placed in her custody.
- H was the assistant manager and earned RM3,500 a month. H argued that RM500.00 was ‘ridiculous and is too high’ and was willing to pay RM200.00 a month.
- H had neglected to maintain the child contrary to his legal duty (Section 92, Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976) since 23.10.1997.
- Considering the income of H, it was fair that he should pay maintenance of RM500 per month.
- Based on the conduct of H, it would appear there was a need to fortify the maintenance order by an attachment of earnings order. There was a real likelihood that H had every intention of making things difficult for W. W should not be burdened by having to take fresh court proceedings to ensure that H meets his legal responsibilities towards the child.
- The sum of RM500 was ordered to be attached from H’s salary.
Source: NG EE LOON v TAN PENG LEE  7 MLJ 173 Penang HC, ZALEHA ZAHARI J
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们为无数的平民百姓免费解除了各类的法律困扰。
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
#马来西亚华人律师 #Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #Klang Lawyer #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #KL Lawyer #懂华文的律师 #民事诉讼律师
#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼