- 根据2013年分层地契修正法令，业主若拖欠管理费和储备基金（Sinking Fund）等，必须在收到追款通知书14天内还清，否则管理机构有权征收利息。利息计算方式是每年10%利率，每日计算。
- 新法令下，若业主不按时偿还管理费，管理层可采取法律行动对付有关的业主。一旦被采取法律行动，将被罚款不超过RM 25 万 或监禁不超过3年，或两者兼施。
Strata Management Act 2013 [Act 757]
52 Proprietors to pay Charges, and contribution to the sinking
- Each proprietor shall pay the Charges, and contribution to the sinking fund, to the management corporation for the maintenance and management of the subdivided building or land and the common property in a development area.
- During the preliminary management period, the amount of the Charges to be paid under subsection (1) shall be determined by the developer in proportion to the share units assigned to each parcel.
- The amount of the contribution to the sinking fund to be paid under subsection (1) shall be a sum equivalent to ten percent of the Charges.
- The proprietor shall, within fourteen days of receiving a notice from developer, pay the Charges, and contribution to the sinking fund, to the management corporation and if any sum remains unpaid by the proprietor at the expiry of the period of fourteen days, the developer may in the name of the management corporation recover the sum in the manner set out in section 78.
- If any sum remains unpaid by the proprietor at the expiry of the period of fourteen days specified in subsection (4), the proprietor shall pay interest at the rate of ten per cent per annual on a daily basis.
- Any proprietor who is not satisfied with the sums determined by the developer under subsection (2) or (3) may apply to the Commissioner for a review and the Commissioner may—(a) determine the sum to be paid as the Charges, or contribution to the sinking fund; or(b) instruct the developer to appoint, at the developer’s own cost and expense, a registered property manager to recommend the sum payable as Charges, or contribution to the sinking fund, and submit a copy of the registered property manager’s report to the Commissioner.
- Upon receiving the report under paragraph (6)(b), the Commissioner shall determine the sum payable as he thinks just and reasonable, and any sum so determined by the Commissioner shall be deemed to be the sum payable as the Charges, or contribution to the sinking fund.
- For the purposes of this section, “proprietor” includes—
- (a) the person for the time being receiving the rent of the parcel, whether as an agent or a trustee or a receiver, and who would receive the same if the parcel were let to a tenant;
- (b)a purchaser to be duly registered as a proprietor; or
- (c) a developer in respect of those parcels in the development area which have not been sold
*Please contact us for appointment and/or business enquiries.
*Please visit our legal firm’s website: www.kuekong.com
*Please visit our FB law Group: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like our FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Please subscribe our YouTube: http://bit.ly/lawnjustice
*Please visit our web forum: http://www.queco.org
*Kuek Ong & Associates