- JPN的柜台会给你一线希望，教你请律师，在法庭申请换姓。JPN的柜台会告诉你，只要法庭批准，JPN就会跟从换姓。但是，当你请律师申请，JPN的政府律师就会在法庭里反对你的申请，说法律不允许你换姓 + 他们也不同意你换姓的申请。然后你的申请就被法庭拒绝了。
Births and Deaths Registration Act 1957
13a.Surname of child
(1) The surname, if any, to be entered in respect of a legitimate child shall ordinarily be the surname, if any, of the father.
(2) The surname, if any, to be entered in respect of an illegitimate child may where the mother is the informant and volunteers the information, be the surname of the mother; provided that where the person acknowledging himself to be the father of the child in accordance with the provisions of section13 requests so, the surname may be the surname of that person.
15.Registration of name of child or of alteration of name
(1) Where before the expiration of one year from the date of the birth of any child the name by which it is registered is altered or where a child has been registered without a name, a name is given to such child before twelve months have elapsed since the date of birth, the Superintendent-Registrar having the custody of the register in which the birth was registered upon delivery to him of a certificate in the prescribed form specifying the name as altered or as given signed by the father or the mother or the guardian or the person for the time being having custody of the child and upon payment to him by the person procuring the name mentioned in the certificate to be entered of such fee as may be prescribed, shall enter forthwith in the register without any erasure of the original entry the name mentioned in the certificate as having been given to the child; and such Superintendent-Registrar shall after stating upon the certificate the fact that the entry has been made, send forthwith the certificate to the Registrar-General who shall then cause a corresponding entry to be made in his register.
16.Registration of objectionable or undesirable names
Where it appears to the Registrar that the name of a child sought to be entered in a register of births is objectionable or undesirable he shall refer the matter to the Registrar-General and the Registrar-General may cause such name to be registered or not to be registered as he shall deem fit.
- I divorced my ex-husband, who has not paid child support, visited our child or fulfilled his parental responsibility.
- Can I change our child’s surname to mine?
- Under section 13(a)(1) of the Births and Deaths Registration Act 1957, if parents are married, their child usually takes the father’s surname.
- Under section 13(a)(2), if parents are not married, the child may take the mother’s surname.
- However, if the child’s surname is already that of the father, the child cannot change it to that of the mother’s without the father’s consent, which is a requirement set by the National Registration Department internally, although not explicitly stated in the law.
- Even with the father’s consent, the final decision is made by the National Registration Department, which may or may not approve the application to change the surname.
- In the past, the National Registration Department used to allow such applications as long as the biological father agreed. However, in recent times, due to the overwhelming number of such applications, the National Registration Department has become reluctant to approve them. This is because the animosity between the biological parents should not be directed at the child, and it is a waste of the department’s time and effort to process the surname change application merely because the biological parents have divorced or separated.
- The National Registration Department may advise you to seek a lawyer and apply to the court for a surname change. However, the government lawyer from the National Registration Department will object to the application, stating that the law does not allow it, and they object to the application. The success rate of such applications is low, and it may be like buying a lottery ticket, where success is uncertain.
- Other circumstances where a name change is allowed are if the biological father is missing for more than seven years, or if the biological father has passed away, and the mother can provide the death certificate as evidence when submitting the application.
- If the mother has custody of the child and wishes to transfer custody to her relatives, she should make a will to specify her wishes. If the mother does not have a will and passes away suddenly, the custody of the child will revert to the father if the child is under 18 years old. The father will also become the legal guardian of the child’s inherited estate. However, the mother’s parents can apply to become the child’s legal guardian.
- Personal Opinion:
- Many women ask the question of changing the surname of a worthless man to their own surname. However, changing the child’s surname to your own surname does not mean that you can forget the past and pretend that nothing has happened when you look at your child. Isn’t this self-deception?
- If you change your child’s surname to your own, the child’s friends will be even more curious and ridicule him for not having a father and being a wild child who doesn’t even have his father’s surname. Won’t this make the child feel uncomfortable and embarrassed?
- I hope that these women can face life maturely and not change their child’s surname just because a worthless man has hurt them in the past. If you get married/remarried in the future and have a child with your current husband, who will have his surname, do you plan to change the surname of your eldest son/daughter again?
- Therefore, the National Registration Bureau will not approve the change of surname even if the biological father of the child agrees to change it to the mother’s surname, as it is too childish.
*我们的律师楼拥有超过18年的执业经验。我们有处理民事纠纷(打官司/法庭诉讼)、商业纠纷、劳工纠纷(工业法庭）、追讨债务、遗产分配、立遗嘱、离婚、抚养权、赡养费、产业分配、领养小孩、拟商业合约、拟雇佣协议、拟买卖合约、银行贷款、法律咨询、法律顾问、等法律事务。全马的案件，我们皆有处理。*We have more than 18 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as civil litigation, commercial disputes, labour disputes (Industrial Court), debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting employment contract, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
*Wilson Kuek律师是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们的平台每天为无数的平民百姓免费解除各类的法律困扰。
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #Klang Legal Firm #Klang Lawyer #KL Lawyer #Kuala Lumpur Lawyer #Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #Litigation Lawyer #Divorce Lawyer #reputable lawyer #trustworthy lawyer
#郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼 #巴生律师楼 #吧生律师楼 #马来西亚华人律师 #懂华文的律师 #懂华语的律师 #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #民事诉讼律师 #民事案律师 #专打官司的律师 #专打官司律师 #工业法庭律师 #劳工法庭律师 #专打离婚案的律师 #专打离婚案律师 #处理离婚的律师 #处理离婚案的律师 #离婚律师 #买卖合约律师 #有经验的律师 #好律师 #专业的律师 #值得信赖的律师 #信得过的律师 #靠得住的律师 #靠谱的律师 #利害的律师 #有信誉的律师 #有声望的律师 #有名声的律师 #出名的律师 #有名的律师 #有实力的律师
#换姓 #换姓氏 #换孩子姓 #换小孩姓 #换去妈妈的姓 #换妈妈的姓 #换去母亲的姓 #换母亲的姓 #换去我的姓 #妈妈的姓