- 因此，抚养权和监护权归女方。男方可以随时探望小孩 （附加双方同意的条件）。
By an originating summons, the plaintiff applied for the guardianship and control of her two infant children. The plaintiff’s counsel admitted that the marriage between the plaintiff and the defendant on 28 April 1988 was performed in accordance with Chinese custom and was thus not according to the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976 (‘the 1976 Act’) which rendered the marriage void. After the wedding, both the plaintiff and the defendant had lived together as husband and wife and the two children were born and raised in their matrimonial home before they separated. The plaintiff’s counsel contended that by virtue of s 75(2) of the 1976 Act, the court could deem a child born of a void marriage to be legitimate if at the time the marriage was solmnized, both or one of the parties thereto believed the marriage to be valid.
Held, allowing the application:
(1) By virtue of Section 24(d) of the Courts of Judicature Act 1964 and after considering the facts of the case, the court was of the opinion that the plaintiff should be appointed the guardian of the two infant children.
(2) Following Section 75(2) of the 1976 Act, the court could deem the plaintiff’s children as legitimate due to the fact that the plaintiff and the defendant believed at the time of their customary Chinese wedding that their marriage was valid. Further according to Section 88(3) and 91 the guardianship of children below the age of seven years who have been deemed legitimate under s 75 should be given to the mother.
Per curiam: It is clear that Parliament did not intend the Guardianship of Infants Act 1961 to apply to illegitimate children without any direct reference about them being made in that Act.
Mahabir Prasad v Mahabir Prasad  1 MLJ 189:
“We are also aware of the damage done to emotional development of children if they are suddenly removed from a known, secure, supporting set of relationship, and thrust among strangers even if they be some blood relationship with one or more of the strangers. In some cases this may be explored by calling expert evidence in others, the ordinary experience of the Courts is relied upon. But this does not mean that the status quo must always be preserved. It merely means that we must anxiously consider the evidence before the Court and determine how best to promote the interest and welfare of the children. After having done that we are of the opinion that it cannot be but for the children’s interests and welfare that they be returned to their mother.”
Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976
75.Legitimacy where nullity decree made
(1) Where a decree of nullity is granted in respect of a voidable marriage, any child who would have been the legitimate child of the parties to the marriage if at the date of the decree it had been dissolved instead of being annulled shall be deemed to be their legitimate child.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this section, the child of a void marriage shall be treated as the legitimate child of his parent if, at the time of the solemnization of the marriage, both or either of the parties reasonably believed that the marriage was valid.
88.Power for court to make order for custody
(3) There shall be a rebuttable presumption that it is for the good of a child below the age of seven years to be with his or her mother but in deciding whether that presumption applies to the facts of any particular case, the court shall have regard to the undesirability of disturbing the life of a child by changes of custody.
Source: Khor Liang Keow v. Tee Ming Kook  4 MLJ 629. HC Taiping. Zulkefli PK.
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们每天为无数的平民百姓免费解除各类的法律困扰。
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼
#Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #Klang Lawyer #KL Lawyer #divorce lawyer #马来西亚华人律师 #懂华文的律师 #懂华语的律师 #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #民事诉讼律师 #打官司的律师 #打离婚案的律师 #离婚律师
#7岁以下 #七岁以下 #华人传统结婚仪式 #相信是合法结婚注册 #以为是合法结婚注册 #相信是合法注册 #以为是合法注册 #抚养权归妈妈 #监护权归妈妈