(i) RM21,000.00 (Iswara车子买价总数RM42,000.00 的一半); 和
(ii) RM18,000.00 (Proton Wira 买价总数 RM36,000.00 的一半).
(j) RM30,000.00 (聘用印尼女佣10年总数RM60,000.00的一半)”
- In a divorce, among others, the Wife claimed for:
“(i)Wang yang dikeluarkan untuk pembelian kereta Responden seperti berikut:
(i) RM21,000.00 iaitu separuh daripada kos keseluruhan sebanyak RM42,000.00 untuk kereta jenis Iswara; dan
(ii) RM18,000.00 iaitu separuh (1/2) daripada kos keseluruhan sebanyak RM36,000.00 untuk kereta jenis Proton Wira.
(j) RM30,000.00 iaitu separuh (1/2) daripada kos keseluruhan sebanyak RM60,000.00 sebagai wang pendahluan untuk perbelanjaan orang gaji Indonesia selama 10 tahun”
- Court Held:
- The Husband shall pay half of the total cost of the two cars which was established that the petitioner was the one responsible for buying and paying for the said motor vehicles, but the Husband was the one using it claiming it was used to fetch the Children.
- In relation to the domestic helper, it was not disputed that they had the said domestic helper for a total of ten years and therefore the respondent was ordered to pay half of the total expenses spent on the domestic helper.
Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976
76. Power for court to order division of matrimonial assets
(1) The court shall have power, when granting a decree of divorce or judicial separation, to order the division between the parties of any assets acquired by them during the marriage or the sale of any such assets and the division between the parties of the proceeds of sale.
(2) In exercising the power conferred by subsection (1) the court shall have regard to:
(a)the extent of the contributions made by each party in money, property or work towards the acquiring of the assets or payment of expenses for the benefit of the family;
(aa) the extent of the contributions made by the other party who did not acquire the assets to the welfare of the family by looking after the home or caring for the family;
(b)any debts owing by either party which were contracted for their joint benefit;
(c)the needs of the minor children, if any, of the marriage；
(d)the duration of the marriage,
and subject to those considerations, the court shall incline towards equality of division.
(5) For the purposes of this section, references to assets acquired during a marriage include assets owned before the marriage by one party which have been substantially improved during the marriage by the other party or by their joint efforts.
Source: Ong Suan Sim v Paul Wilfred Yap @ Yap Ah Tee  10 MLJ 640, Shah Alam High Court
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们每天为无数的平民百姓免费解除各类的法律困扰。
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼
#Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #Klang Lawyer #KL Lawyer #divorce lawyer #马来西亚华人律师 #懂华文的律师 #懂华语的律师 #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #民事诉讼律师 #打官司的律师 #打离婚案的律师 #离婚律师
#婚姻产业 #产业分配 #matrimonial assets