- 此员工声称他生病了。 他提供了来自两个不同诊所的病假单，一份是缺席的第一天，另一份是缺席的第三天。
- A Machine Operator was dismissed after 15 years of service on the grounds of breach of contract. The Operator then filed a claim in Industrial Court.
- The employer alleged that he had been absent from work for more than 2 consecutive working days without permission or good reason.
- The Operator’s had no problem of lateness and absence until last 2 years prior to the dismissal. Warning letters had been issued. This includes a Final Warning issued in the same month on his 2 days absentee which then led to his dismissal.
- The Operator claimed that he had been ill. He offered two medical certificates (MCs) from two different clinics, one for the first day of absence and one for the third day.
- The HR Manager claimed no knowledge of these MCs.
- The Operator also testified that he had telephoned his immediate supervisor to inform him that he would be absent, as required by the company practice. However, the Operator failed to call the supervisor as a witness to prove that he had informed him of his absence.
- The Industrial Court said, “As modern modes of telecommunications such as handphones and e-mails are easily accessible and widely used, there is no excuse for the Operator at not being able to inform the company of his absence from work due to illness or other exigencies as soon as possible, and in any case within 48 hours from the commencement of his leave.”
- Industrial Court upheld the dismissal of the Operator.
- Employee Misconduct, CLJ Publication
- Saravanan Tanimalai v. A W Faber-Castell (M) Sdn Bhd  3 ILR 384
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们为无数的平民百姓免费解除了各类的法律困扰。
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
#马来西亚华人律师 #Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #Klang Lawyer #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #KL Lawyer #懂华文的律师
#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼
#Absent for more than Two Consecutive Working Days