- 经过内部调查，主管承认信是他写的。但是他解释说，由于他的脚非常疼痛，所以他非常需要另一支假肢。但是，公司已经支付他RM200,00万的医疗费作为他残障后的补偿。在主管伪造公司的书信的同一年, 公司还支了付他RM114,000作为买假肢的费用。
- A Supervisor in a company was dismissed after an incident involving the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).
- The HR Manager received a telephone call from EPF regarding a letter he had sent to EPF and asking him to confirm whether he was the author. The HR Manager could not remember writing the letter so he asked for a copy of the letter in order to check before he made any confirmation. When it arrived, the HR Manager discovered that it had been signed by his staff.
- The letter to the EPF confirmed that the company was not prepared to pay for certain medical costs (to buy a prosthetic leg) for the Supervisor. It was a requirement of the EPF that in order for a member to withdraw money from his account for medical costs, he must show proof that the employer was not paying for the same equipment.
- An investigation was carried out and the Supervisor admitted that he wrote the letter but explained that he was desperately in need of another prosthetic leg as he was in great pain. Yet, the Company had given him RM200,000 for medical expenses caused by his disability and earlier in the same year as the letter was written had arranged for him to receive RM14,000 for a set of prosthetic legs.
- The Supervisor claimed that the EPF money was his, he could do whatever he pleased with it and he had done no harm to the Company by writing the letter. Further, he said that the RM200,000 received was from the insurance policy provided under his terms and conditions of employment and the money was not from the employer.
- In domestic inquiry, the Company found him guilty of a dishonest practice which did not comply with the values of the Company and was in breach of the Company Code of Ethics. He was then dismissed.
- Previously, the Supervisor had applied to EPF to withdraw some money for medical purposes, and the Company had written to the EPF as required but they had stated that they were payıng for his medical expenses. Due to the Company had made payment, EPF rejected his application.
- In Court, the Supervisor argued that he did not deserve to be dismissed considering his long service with the company of 26 years. However, the Court noted that falsifying company documents was a serious offence justifying dismissal.
- The dismissal was upheld.
- Employee Misconduct, CLJ Publication
- Adnan Ahmad Rasedi v. Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) Industrial Court Award No.2033 of 2019
*我们有处理民事纠纷 (打官司/法庭诉讼)、商业纠纷、追讨债务、遗产分配、立遗嘱、离婚、抚养权、赡养费、产业分配、领养小孩、拟商业合约、拟买卖合约、银行贷款、法律咨询、法律顾问、等法律事务。全马的案件，我们皆有处理。我们的律师楼拥有超过15年的执业经验。*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们每天为无数的平民百姓免费解除各类的法律困扰。
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼
#Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #Klang Lawyer #KL Lawyer #divorce lawyer #马来西亚华人律师 #懂华文的律师 #懂华语的律师 #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #民事诉讼律师 #打官司的律师 #打离婚案的律师 #离婚律师