- 经过内部调查，主管承认信是他写的。但是他解释说，由于他的脚非常疼痛，所以他非常需要另一支假肢。但是，公司已经支付他RM200,00万的医疗费作为他残障后的补偿。在主管伪造公司的书信的同一年, 公司还支了付他RM114,000作为买假肢的费用。
- 在法庭，主管狡辩说，他已经为公司服务了 26年，因此不应被解雇。但是，法院指出伪造公司文件是一个严重的罪行，理应被解雇。
- A Supervisor in a company was dismissed after an incident involving the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).
- The HR Manager received a telephone call from EPF regarding a letter he had sent to EPF and asking him to confirm whether he was the author. The HR Manager could not remember writing the letter so he asked for a copy of the letter in order to check before he made any confirmation. When it arrived, the HR Manager discovered that it had been signed by his staff.
- The letter to the EPF confirmed that the company was not prepared to pay for certain medical costs (to buy a prosthetic leg) for the Supervisor. It was a requirement of the EPF that in order for a member to withdraw money from his account for medical costs, he must show proof that the employer was not paying for the same equipment.
- An investigation was carried out and the Supervisor admitted that he wrote the letter but explained that he was desperately in need of another prosthetic leg as he was in great pain. Yet, the Company had given him RM200,000 for medical expenses caused by his disability and earlier in the same year as the letter was written had arranged for him to receive RM14,000 for a set of prosthetic legs.
- The Supervisor claimed that the EPF money was his, he could do whatever he pleased with it and he had done no harm to the Company by writing the letter. Further, he said that the RM200,000 received was from the insurance policy provided under his terms and conditions of employment and the money was not from the employer.
- In domestic inquiry, the Company found him guilty of a dishonest practice which did not comply with the values of the Company and was in breach of the Company Code of Ethics. He was then dismissed.
- Previously, the Supervisor had applied to EPF to withdraw some money for medical purposes, and the Company had written to the EPF as required but they had stated that they were payıng for his medical expenses. Due to the Company had made payment, EPF rejected his application.
- In Court, the Supervisor argued that he did not deserve to be dismissed considering his long service with the company of 26 years. However, the Court noted that falsifying company documents was a serious offence justifying dismissal.
- The dismissal was upheld.
- Employee Misconduct, CLJ Publication
- Adnan Ahmad Rasedi v. Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) Industrial Court Award No.2033 of 2019
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们为无数的平民百姓免费解除了各类的法律困扰。
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
#马来西亚华人律师 #Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #Klang Lawyer #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #KL Lawyer #懂华文的律师
#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼